What are Freckles?
Freckles are simply darkened brown pigments of melanocytes that appear on your skin when due to exposure to the sun. They are little brown spots which do not match your natural skin tone. Though caused due to genetic traits, these abnormal collections of darker spots appear when the melanin production is increased in the skin due to exposure to UV-B light.
Our approach to treat freckles
Though there are several safe ways to treat freckles, a diagnosis from an expert dermatologist will help determine the right course of action. Here are some of the treatments we employ at DNA Skin Clinic:
- Bleaching and Fading Creams: The holistic treatment methodology used at DNA Skin Clinic means that our first approach is to cure any skin disorder with as minimal intervention as possible. Bleaches and fading creams help protect your skin from sun damage, thus reducing the occurrences of freckles.
- Oral medication: Oral antioxidants help boost immunity levels and combat sun damage
- Retinoid Creams: Vitamin A acid and Retin-A, the two predominant ingredients in retinoid creams help lighten freckles when used over a period of several months.
- Laser Treatments: Fractional non-ablative laser therapy can be used to treat freckles without risk of skin discoloration or scarring.
- Chemical Peels: These are prescribed to help lighten freckles and reduce the occurrence of irregular pigmentation.
Do you want to get rid of freckles? Book an appointment with our expert skin specialists!