What are Dark circles?
Dark circles or periorbital dark circles are dark pigmentation around the orbital area. Dark circles tend to age the appearance of a person more than the wrinkles or grey hair. Although, dark circles are common among people, it is very temporary unless it is hereditary.
What are the causes of dark circle?
Many believe that ageing is the only cause of dark circles, but, here are other causes of dark circles too:
- Allergies: Allergies through airborne substances including, pollen, dust, and pet dander can lead to dark circles due to persistent eye rubbing.
- Medications: Medications related to liver problems, kidney problems and other certain ailments can cause dark circles.
- Exposure to sun: Excessive exposure to the sun rays weakens the thin skin around the eye area causing dark circles.
- Malnourishment: Lack of a proper nutrients-rich and healthy diet can cause dark circles.
- Inadequate amount of sleep: Lack of sleep makes your skin appear paler, giving the appearance of dark circle.
- Heredity: Dark circles under the eyes run in the genes too.
- Ageing: The orbital area skin under the eyes is thin and delicate. The skin and the fat pad under the eyes become thinner as we age giving the appearance of dark circles.
- Fluid retention: Excess dietary salt and smoking causes dark circles.
- Dehydration: Dehydration can cause dark circles.
How can dark circles be treated?
DNA Skin Clinic helps you to identity the best procedure to treat dark circles. Here are some of the treatments we offer at DNA Skin Clinic:
- Injection of PRP: Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injection contains regenerating factors that help in revitalising the skin and lymph drainage.
- Injection of Hyaluronic Acid: Replace fat, lost and recontour sunken eyes with an injection of Hyaluronic Acid. It decreases pigmentation issues by reducing friction between the bone and skin.
- Laser skin resurfacing: It helps in removing the skin layer by layer with precision. The new skin cells that are formed after the treatment gives the skin a tighter, younger looking texture.
- Eye cream: Usage of creams containing Vitamin K hydrates the skin and alleviates pigmentation.
- Eye peel: Eye peels containing Arginine / Retinol / TCA will be used to rehydrate, rejuvenate, lighten pigments and exfoliate.
- Iron supplements: Consuming oral iron supplements helps prevent anaemia and reduces pigmentation.
- Fractional radio frequency: Fractional radio frequency helps to reduce dark circles caused by friction and photoaging, skin tightening around the eyes, production of new collagen and better skin texture.
What are the home remedies for treating dark circles?
It is important for us to take care of the delicate area around our eyes. Make sure to have enough sleep, consume nutritious and healthy balanced diet and drink plenty of water.
Book an appointment and end your dark circle woes through our latest and advanced treatments.