What is Permanent Hair Reduction?
Laser hair reduction is a procedure of reducing unwanted hair by exposing intense beam of light that destroys the hair follicle. The lasers work by interacting with the pigment in the follicles and absorb the light to produce heat. Once heat is produced, it destroys the cells that produce the hair.
How many treatments will be required?
DNA Skin Clinic consultants will assess your skin and hair individually and plan a custom-made programme to provide you with the best results. We recommend about 6-8 sessions that are spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
What are the side effects?
This laser treatment is very safe and non-carcinogenic (non-cancerous). The levels of discomforts differ according to individuals’ skin and hair. DNA Skin Clinic provides topical anaesthetic medicine to reduce discomfort to the patients. No long-term side effects have been observed until now.
What is the pre-procedure care?
Before treatment, make sure to follow this pre-procedure care:
- Do not wax or pluck hair between the treatments
- Avoid a sun tan as the increased skin pigment will absorb some of the heat of the laser. Also, avoid sun beds and self-tanning creams.
- Avoid aggravating creams such as Glycolic Acid (AHA creams) and Retin-A cream.
- If you are consuming herbal medications or tablets for acne, such as Roaccutane, make sure to let the doctors know about your treatments.
What is the post-procedure care?
After treatment, avoid the following for 48 hours:
- Perfume, moisturisers, deodorant, make-up and after-shave
- Exposing skin to heat like jacuzzi, hot showers, saunas and steam rooms
- Tight clothing that causes friction on the treated area
- Swimming and cardiovascular exercise
- Ice packs on the treated area
- Facial and body treatments
Are you tired of waxing and shaving regularly? DNA Skin Clinic has a permanent solution for you in the safest and effective way. Get rid of your unwanted body hair by opting to our advanced laser technology.