Save Up To
May month offer!!!
On Pigmentation Treatments
get rid of the excessive unwanted pigmentation and get back the even glowing skin you desire, now at the offer price.
*Terms and Conditions Applied
When the skin is suddenly stretched; long, narrow streaks, stripes, or lines develop on the skin which is called stretch marks.
The treatment of stretch marks is normally intended to improve the self-image of the person.
- Stretch marks are more common in women than in men. More than 50% of pregnant women experience stretch marks.
- They can occur on the stomach, breasts, upper arms, lower back thighs, and hips.
- Stretch marks do not pose any health risk and often fade over time without treatment.
Stretch mark causes
They are caused by Pregnancy, rapid weight gain, and puberty.
Certain conditions like Marfan syndrome and Cushing’s syndrome lead to producing stretch marks.
Marfan syndrome decreases elasticity in the skin tissue and thus leads to the creation of stretch marks.
In Cushing’s syndrome, the body produces too much of a hormone which leads to rapid weight gain and skin fragility and this causes the development of stretch marks.
Use of topical corticosteroids decreases levels of collagen in the skin. A reduced amount of collagen can increase the risk of stretch marks as there is no support for the skin to remain supple.
High level of circulating cortisone weakens elastic fibers in the skin or when cortisone is applied to the skin. This weakens elastic fibers in the skin, leading to stretch marks.
- Increased Body mass index before pregnancy
- Family history
- Chronic diseases
- Women who are pregnant with larger babies.
Treatment and Preventions
Stretch marks are seen as a cosmetic issue.
Stretch marks treatments include applying Oils, Lotions, Creams, gels, and cosmetic surgery.
Following the below mentioned guidelines steps may help to reduce the risk of developing stretch marks.
- Healthy body weight.
- No crash dieting.
- Eat food rich balanced in minerals and vitamins. Vitamins A and C can help support the skin, as well as the minerals zinc and silicon.
- Weight gain during pregnancy should be gradual.
- Drink plenty of water daily; minimum eight to ten glasses every day.
803, Promenade, 2nd Cross, 80 Feet Road, Opp. Banaswadi Sub Registrar Office, HRBR Layout 1st Block, Kalyan Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560043
Contact: +91 73380 10101