Body polish is a skin treatment that exfoliates and hydrates the skin of the entire body. After the treatment, the skin becomes smooth & soft. It can be termed as the facial for the entire body and should not be confused for a massage. When combined with a massage, the polish is done first, followed by the massage.
How is Body polish done?
Body polish is done with a scrub product like sugar, salt, rice bran, or coffee grounds, which are usually mixed with essential oils or massage oil.
Most of the times it is done in combination with a body wrap. However, it can be done independently as well.
- The body polishing is done with the scrub.
- The abrasive material is rinsed off from the body, mostly with a shower or using a hot towel.
- A lotion, cream or oil is applied.
- This is followed by a gentle massage which helps in nourishing the skin.
Varieties of body polish treatments
This body polish is for preparing the skin before the application of false tan which can otherwise appear patchy. Skin smoothens and dead cells removal is achieved in this body polish.
Nourishing body glow
Ingredients like aloe Vera and jojoba oil are used as gentle yet effective scrubs. Apricot, almond, and peach are also commonly used.
This body polish uses coffee. It helps to stimulate circulation and improve the look of problem areas and thus redistribute and decrease the formation of fat cells.
Himalayan salt rub
The purest salt, Rock crystal is used in this body polish. The objective is to replenish and balance the essential minerals that are naturally present in the skin.
Elimination of tired skin cells from head to toe is achieved through Brightening body polish. Ground pumice stone and citrus oils are commonly used in this treatment.
Ingredients for Body polish
Sugar, Salt, Almond bran, Peach, Java grounds, etc. are generally used for a body polish. They are mixed with massage and aromatic fragrances like essential oils.
When salt is used as an ingredient for body polishing mask, it is called as a salt spark, salt rinse, or marine salt rinse.
Benefits of body polish
- Exfoliates the dead skin cells, giving the body a soft, fresh feeling.
- Skin gets moisturized and hydrated.
- Removes oil and dirt buildups that clog the skin pores.
- Stimulates generation of fresh and healthier layers of skin.
- Helps in improving blood flow and re-energies the body.
- Makes the skin responsive to other topical treatments.
- Removes superficial pigmentation.