Benefits of coconut oil
- Helps in weight loss.
- Helps to fight infections.
- Treats kidney and bladder stones.
- Most effective treatment for dry skin.
- Acts as an Anti-dandruff.
How to properly use coconut oil for weight loss?
The easiest way to start using coconut oil for weight loss is by eating it by the spoonful.
Use the following guidelines to consume coconut oil before each meal:
- 1 tablespoon of pure coconut oil before each meal for a total of 3 TBS per day.
If you find that coconut oil makes you a bit nauseous in the morning, it is recommended to be taken along with your black coffee shots.
- How does it help to fight infections?
- For ear infections or blocks: Fill a sterilized dropper with organic, extra virgin coconut oil that is heated to a lukewarm temperature and put several drops into your ear canal to help soothe an ear infection. Lie still for several minutes to allow the oil to travel into the canal.
- For swelling and infections: Apply a coconut oil-based moisturizer to the skin following your bath or shower. The fatty acids in coconut oil help to re-establish the skin’s acidic balance and speed the healing of inflammation and infection
How to use coconut oil to treat kidney stones?
1 tablespoon of coconut oil along with coconut water every day may provide greater benefit to kidney disease patients. 3.5 tablespoon of coconut oil (max.) is enough to kill the bad bacteria causing infection.
How to use coconut oil to retain moisture in dry skin?
Directly apply coconut oil on your skin, and coconut oil works as an excellent moisturizer for dry skin. It is also a natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, helping to prevent dry and damaged skin. Apply a thin layer of coconut oil to your dry skin and massage for 5 minutes. Leave it on for a couple of minutes and take bath with luke-warm water or later use a wet towel to wipe it off (Do not rub harshly with the tool . Just do gentle dabbing.). Repeat the process at least three times a week.
How can you use coconut oil to defeat dandruff?
If longtime use of chemical shampoos, conditioners, styling products, or colorants has left you with itchy, flaky, dandruff—you can use coconut oil to heal your scalp. Just follow these steps daily and watch your dandruff problems disappear.
At the end of the day/half an hour before your bedtime, take the required amount of coconut oil and melt it and wait for your coconut oil to come to room temperature. Use your fingers to gently massage the oil on your scalp. (If you have long hair, it may be easier to flip your head upside-down in order to apply oil to your entire scalp).Wrap your head with the towel or cloth and leave coconut oil on your scalp overnight for best results. The following morning, you may use an organic shampoo to remove excess shed skin cells from your scalp.
People having frequent cold attacks, sinusitis, etc can apply the oil in the day time, (instead of an overnight application) leave it on for 45 mins and shower with lukewarm water
Use only freshly-pressed coconut oil from the mill instead of store-bought ones, as all the delicate micronutrients in the oil will be preserved and no chemicals will have been used in processing.
Always use organic, extra virgin coconut oil for medicinal purposes. Coconut milk, the clear liquid found in the fruit’s center, is a healthy alternative.