Save Up To
World Cup Offer!!!
On Pigmentation Treatments
get rid of the excessive unwanted pigmentation and get back the even glowing skin you desire, now at the offer price.
Terms and conditions applied*
Permanent Hair Removal
Permanent Hair Removal
Tired with shaving, tweezing, or waxing to remove unwanted hair? These are temporary and you will end up with side effects like pigmentation, Rashes and uneven skin tone. Laser hair removal gives you permanent hair removal which is safe, comfortable and economical in the long run.
Laser hair removal is one of the most commonly done cosmetic procedures.
How does laser hair removal work?
Highly concentrated light is beamed into hair follicles. The melanin pigment present in the hair follicle absorbs this light which leads to the destroying of the hair follicles gradually in a couple of sessions.
Lasers are effectively used for removing unwanted hair from every part of the body. Commonly the legs, face, chest, arms, underarms, bikini line, and other areas.
Benefits associated with laser hair removal
Lasers selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
Laser hair removal is a procedure that requires training to perform and has potential risks. Choose an experienced and certified dermatologist and a good centre which has USFDA approved medicines.
If you are planning on undergoing laser hair removal, you should take the following things into account:
- Limit waxing, plucking, electrolysis for at least 4 weeks before
- Keep your skin well moisturized.
After an average of three to seven sessions, most patients achieve permanent hair loss of about 95%.
Laser hair removal is a fast process. Each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and treats many a hair at the same time. Every second, the laser can treat an area approximately the size of a small coin. Areas such as the upper lip that are small can be treated in less than a minute.
Laser Hair Removal procedure
- Just before the procedure, the hair that will be undergoing treatment will be trimmed to a few millimeters above the skin
- The laser equipment will be calibrated according to the color, thickness, and location of your hair that needs to be treated.
- You and the technician will wear appropriate eye The outer layers of your skin will be protected with a cold gel or special cooling device; which will help the laser light penetrate the hair without affecting, damaging the skin.
- The technician will give a pulse of light to the treatment area and observe the area for several minutes to verify that the settings are right and there are no adverse effects.
- Post the procedure; you may be given ice packs, anti-inflammatory creams or lotions, or cold water to apply on the skin for easing out any discomfort.
- Your next treatment might be scheduled four to six weeks later. You will be treated until hair stops growing.
Post procedure care
- Avoid direct sun exposure if you are treated on the exposed parts of the body.
- Apply sunscreen.
- Use cold water to take a bath or wash face at least for 2 days after the procedure.
- Use the advised creams and lotions appropriately.
Risks and Recovery
The treated area of your skin can appear a little red sometimes after the procedure. This will subside usually in an hour. You will be advised appropriate care like Cool compresses and moisturizers and calming creams.
Your treated hair will fall out over the next few days.
Blister formation is rare but more likely in people with darker complexions. Swelling, redness, and scarring are other potential side effects. Changes in skin color or permanent scarring are rare. These can be avoided if one chooses the right place to get the procedure done.
Technologies used for laser hair removal
Most commonly used technologies for Laser hair removal are:
- Nd Yag :
1) Associated with a little pain.
2) Very precise.
3) Time taking procedure compared to a diode.
1) Also referred to as pain-free laser.
2) Faster procedure compared to ndyag.