What are Injectable Fillers?
Injectable fillers or injectable dermal fillers are gel-like substances injected beneath the skin to enhance facial contours, restore lost volume and smooth lines and soften creases.
This is a popular and cost-effective facial rejuvenation treatment.
This procedure is carried out by a certified practitioner like the cosmetic surgeon.
What do injectable fillers do?
- Restore and enhance volume to sunken cheeks or temples.
- Smoothen outlines near nose, mouth and chin crease
- Improve symmetry between facial features
- Reduce vertical lip lines
Which substances are used as injectable fillers?
- Hyaluronic acid
- Calcium hydroxylapatite
- Poly-L-lactic acid
- Autologous fat injections
How is the Injectable filler treatment done?
- Before the treatment, the area is cleaned.
- A topical anesthetic might be given or the filler injection might contain it already.
- A right amount of filler is injected beneath the skin.
Noticeable results immediately after the injection of the dermal filler. Mild swelling and bruising might occur, which subsides gradually.
How long do the effects of Injectable fillers last?
Following factors influence how long the effects of injectable fillers will last
- The type of dermal filler used; natural or synthetic.
- The area of treatment and the patient profile.
- Generally, denser the product and the more deeply it is injected, the longer it lasts. However, this is not a rule.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers last from 6 to 18 months.
- Synthetic fillers last longer as they are not absorbed by the body.
- Fat injections are meant to last indefinitely.